Saturday 20 December 2014

MISSING YOU

framingpainting.com



At twilight, we sneaked
When it rained, we run haphazardly and hopefully in the mud and dumped ourselves in the Onaa River
My breasts stood firm as I walked majestically placing my feet on the rock with both fingers covering pelvic and pubic
He covered my body with plantain branches, offered me coconut juice he stored in the craves and grilled grass cutter thighs
He glowed like a shooting star and his biceps moved ding dong ding dong as I watched him washed my clothes and dried on the rocks
He was hilarious, I loved it when he wiggled his waist and intertwined his curved legs in the lovely Adowa dance
He had a broad chest, very soft and enticing like strawberry as I laid on it when he sung to my appealing ears
The other nights were mostly adventurous and educative when we explored the great forest of Anaa.
He taught me the language of plants and its medicinal benefits
We cuddled each other as we viewed the village from the hut he built on the mango tree.
Back in the village, he was warrior, a successor and the chosen one by the gods.
When the roosters crowed, I anxiously communicated with my creator and hurriedly opened my bamboo curtain to smell the fragrance of love from my daily flower delivery
He had great taste for African fabric and I always craved to see the glamour and passion in his eyes when our gaze met at the community center for vocational training
We swung sideways as he accompanied me home; I am not a good horse rider like the four horsemen of apocalypse
He bowed each time he saw my mother but this time, he requested to communicate with her in the chambers
It was sunny and drizzling, it felt like they been indoors for many markets days
He nudged my ribs, smiled and asked; “will u marry me”
I fell on my knees and thanked my omnipotent, kissed and whispered a yes.
My water will break soon; I wish this war will over soon
We need your more now than ever. I love you
Poem by: Portia Arthur

picture By: Adis Gebru of Ethiopia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very necessary helps encourage me